Thank you for your interest in pursuing an Annual Conference Internship with the Association for Student Conduct Administration!
In exchange for providing assistance under the direction of the ASCA President or the Conference Chair, the Interns will receive:
- A student ASCA membership for one year
- Lodging at the conference site hotel (complimentary with roommate or reduced rate for single room)
- Up to $125 reimbursed for meals during the annual conference
- A waiver of the 2024 annual conference registration fee
ASCA Presidential Graduate Internship
The ASCA Presidential Graduate Internship provides a unique opportunity to gain insight into the Board of Directors’ meetings, including the opportunity to interact directly with them. The main time commitments include attending the Board of Directors meetings during the days prior to the annual conference and providing programmatic and administrative support as needed. Additional responsibilities may arise during the conference, such as (but not limited to) staffing tables or assisting board members.
Main responsibilities include:
- Attend ASCA Board of Director meetings October 2023 – May 2024 as schedule permits.
- Attend the 2024 Annual Conference from January 27 – February 3, 2024.
- Attend the ASCA Winter Board meeting prior to the annual conference on January 29-30, 2024.
- Shadow ASCA President throughout the conference and assist as needed.
- Assist President-Elect in preparing for the in-coming Board of Directors meeting.
- Provide logistical and clerical support to ASCA leadership.
- Provide logistical assistance at the Annual Business Meeting.
- Create a presentation for the Board of Directors on a topic chosen by the President that is relevant to the Association and the field of student conduct.
- Develop a written summary of the conference experience, including suggested changes to be made for future conferences, and present the summary to relevant constituents, including the Board of Directors, Central Office staff, and Conference Core Committee. The summary should be received within thirty (30) days of the end of the conference and the presentation scheduled within sixty (60) days of the end of the conference.
The ASCA Bracewell Conference Graduate Internship provides the unique opportunity of experiencing the detailed behind-the-scenes coordination of a large-scale conference. This role involves assisting the core conference committee with a variety of aspects of conference logistical planning and implementation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Attend virtual Core Committee conference planning meetings leading up to the conference from October 2023 – January 2024.
- Attend the 2024 Annual Conference from January 29 – February 3, 2024.
- Shadow the Conference Chair, Assistant Conference Chair, and other members of the conference planning team and assist as needed.
- Assist the Core Conference Committee with on-site logistics as needed or directed.
- Brainstorm and implement initiatives to enhance the conference experience for attendees.
- Staff the registration table, assist with event set up, and provide logistical support throughout the conference.
- Problem-solve as appropriate and represent the conference committee positively.
- Actively engage in the conference and communicate feedback and observations to the conference planning committee.
- Develop a written summary of the conference experience, including suggested changes to be made for future conferences and present to relevant constituents, including the Board of Directors, Central Office Staff, and Conference Core Committee. The summary should be received within thirty (30) days of the end of the conference and the presentation scheduled within sixty (60) days of the end of the conference.
Submission of Materials and Timeline
In addition to completing this form, all applicants must provide a resume and contact information for one professional reference. This person can be a supervisor, faculty member, professional colleague, or other person who can speak to your professional skills and interests. Applicants may submit to one or both internship opportunities.
For full consideration, all application materials must be submitted via this form by 11:59pm (PST) on Monday, September 25, 2023. Rolling interviews will be conducted until October 2, 2023.
For questions about these opportunities or their related processes, please contact [email protected].