Each year, the ASCA Annual Conference serves as a hub of professional development opportunities and this year's virtual conference is far from an exception. Below are brief descriptions of the wealth of career-related educational opportunities available for 2021 Virtual Conference attendees. All of the sessions below are supplemental to the conference's general and concurrent educational sessions and will not be recorded.
Though separated into presumed learner levels, all conference attendees are welcome to participate in any of the eleven topical conversations geared toward graduate students, mid-level professionals, or directors and senior conduct officers.
Hone skills, prepare for a job search, or network with fellow student conduct colleagues through resume reviews, mock interviews, and speed networking.
The Professional Development Committee needs your help! Please consider volunteering to assist with one or more of the initiatives highlighted below.
- This year, the 2021 ASCA Annual Conference is showcasing a Graduate Student Case Study and a Mid-Level Case Study. If you are interested in helping fellow professionals learn by doing, consider being a judge at this year's conference. If interested, please contact Amanda Mesirow & Nicky Renault, Case Study Coordinators (firstname.lastname@example.org). We hope you will consider judging!
- Public, Private, & Community Colleges colleagues! We are looking for two outstanding ASCA members to attend our Graduate Student Coffee Hour and help keep the conversation going.(February 10th at 12:00pm EST & 6:00pm EST). Volunteer here.
- We are looking for two outstanding ASCA members to attend our Graduate Student Coffee Hour and help keep the conversation going about getting involved with ASCA. (February 9th at 12:00pm). Volunteer here.
- Are you a new professional who has recently gone through a hiring process? Or are you a hiring manager? We are looking for two new professionals & two hiring managers to attend and share your experiences in the higher ed job search. (February 11th at 6:00pm EST). Volunteer here.
- Do you have experience navigating First Amendment issues on campus? We are looking for two amazing ASCA members to attend and share your knowledge on the First Amendment. (February 12th at 12:00pm EST). Volunteer here.
- Are you a conduct professional who is interested in supporting speed networking? We are seeking volunteers interested in participating in this unique and fast-paced opportunity to lead speed networking opportunities with fellow colleagues. Do you have knowledge to share and are interested in sharing this as succinctly as possible? (February 10th at 12:00pm EST). Volunteer here.