A great spot to be day or night, the Jacksonville Landing boasts 7 full-service restaurants plus an indoor food court with a variety of cuisine options. Not to mention local shops and late night entertainment with live music every Friday-Sunday nights!
There’s something to do for everyone in downtown Jacksonville! From family dining to exciting nightlife, you can find whatever you’re looking for downtown. Download the #DTJAX app on your smartphone on the App Store or on Google Play to get a map of downtown and a full listing of restaurants and events. Downtown Jacksonville features events like the First Wednesday Art Walk, every first Wednesday of the month. Take the opportunity to explore street art, live music, food trucks and more! When the sun goes down, doesn’t mean the fun is over, either. Art Walk After Dark begins at 9 p.m. at the Elbow, a district walking distance from the Hyatt Regency Riverfront hotel. Food and beverage specials, vintage video games, and karaoke are just a few reasons to check out Art Walk After Dark.
Things to do downtown:
- Take a walk across the Main Street Bridge and Acosta Bridge
- Go to the Kids Campus and Metropolitan Park just across the Football Stadium
- Go for a river walk for about 1.5 miles starting at Hyatt Regency and ending at Fuller Warren Bridge
- Go to the Museum of Science and History just across the Main Street Bridge, new improved planetarium onsite
- Visit Museum Of Contemporary Arts
- Visit Main Library and its bookstore
- Go to Chamblin’s Bookstore on Laura Street
- Go to Florida Theater for a performance
- Go to Times Union Center for a performance (symphony, Moran theatre,
- Go to Cummer Museum of Arts and Gardens
- Go to Memorial Park, just short walk from Cummer Museum, has beautiful views of the river
- Go to San Marco Square for dinner and to San Marco Movie theatre
- Go to a volunteer community theater called Jacksonville Theatre in San Marco
- Affair in the Square every third Thursday (live music, wine tasting, dance performances)
- Enjoy live music in the Jacksonville Landing Courtyard
- Riverside Arts Market every Saturday from 10am-4pm
- Downtown Art Walk every first Wednesday of the month
For guided tours of Jacksonville, consider these tour companies. Each offers a unique way to experience the beauty and history of Jacksonville.
Jacksonville River Quest Boat Tours offer a variety of tours. Thursdays-Sundays check out the Narrated Eco Tour from 6-7 p.m. or the River Jam Sunset Cruise from 7:30-8:30 p.m. On Saturdays, the tour offers a day cruise to the Jacksonville Zoo and back, with zoo admission included in the fee. http://riverquesttours.com/
Jacksonville Tours offer a variety of tours and activities in Jacksonville and the surrounding area. Tour package information can be found at www.jacksonvilletours.net or by calling
TourTime, Inc. presents the “River City’s” history giving you a unique perspective on Jacksonville. You will learn about the area’s first inhabitants, the historic neighborhoods, and even tour the Anheuser-Busch brewery. More information is on their web site: www.tourtimeinc.com/new_jax.html
AdLib Luxury Tours offers Jacksonville’s “Top to Bottom” Walking Tour. Learn about the Great Fire and the First Hollywood while exploring Downtown.
Contact 904-827-1845 or visit www.adlibtours.com/tours.html
St.Johns Town Center (15 Minute Drive)
4663 River City Dr.
10300 Southside Blvd.
Pavilion Plaza Pharmacy836 Prudential Dr 904-202-5288